Big Valley Lodge

by - 22:40

So yes! 
Me and my friend Keletso decided to go on a little excursion out of town. I swear she gave me a call on Thursday asking me if I was keen on going somewhere on the weekend and i was "guuuurl I am already there with you".

We left and unfortunately due to the heavy rains that we had recently had at the time we had to off route Police College as we were heading to Lobatse. Geez the road was so bad, the potholes and the livestock on the road. Never mind those then it started raining heavily. To a point where i had to stop because i could not see the road. So what me and my friend did, we stopped used the rain to wash up our cups and had ourselves some liquor hahahaha! I only had one drink as I am a driving and I have to be the responsible one.

We got to the turn off ya lodge and there was so much water that we could not even pass. We called the lodge people who said they would come and get us but they came an hour and a half after we had called and knowing me I had had IT! 

They picked us up in their game range cars which gave us a view of all the greenery and some of the animals there. Boy by then the drinking had commenced as i was not the driver anymore.

We got there and this is what we came to.....

If you look closely there is a little island that they created for their boat cruises


Found a group of men and women who were being trained on how to handle snakes. As you can see am far from the head as possible because yeah I don't do snakes heeeey!






This was the chalet we stayed at

Our balcony had a beautiful view of the entire lodge

Anybody for some tea?




It was an okay weekend. The view compensated for a lot of things.
The room we had was one of the best though. 
Downsides to the stay was the service, I mean we waited an hour and a half to get assistance which was not on. The staff and not taking calls from clients, we had to go back to Lobatse and no one was answering their phones. Also the lack of power, we had to use a generator that made so much noise, when we woke up the generator was switched off which automatically meant for a cold shower to remind you why you spent so much money and traveled that long distance huh! So in terms of scenery THE BEST, but everything else NO! I would give it a second visit though.

So this here blog was initially supposed to be a vlog. So while working on that i'll still be publishing some stuff here for those interested. 
Thank you for your time!
Love Lizzie!









You May Also Like

0 comments