Activities to do in Johannesburg: Visit The Johannesburg Botanical Garden

by - 07:16

And I am back.
This time with a couple of news, firstly I have moved from my home country (Botswana) to live in South Africa due to personal reasons that I can't divulge as yet ;). But yes, though I will miss staying in Botswana and my family and friends, I had to make this move.
Now being new to Johannesburg, South Africa, hasn't been that easy more so that I know a handful of people and I am still trying to get my feet on the ground, I've been engaging in a couple of activities that will obviously keep the blog running. There is a lot to explore in South Africa and I am hoping to be your medium on what to do where to go. So let's start with this here post.

JOHANNESBURG BOTANICAL GARDEN

So one activity I engaged in was going to the Johannesburg Botanical Garden. It is rather unfortunate that the gardens/parks we have in Botswana are not as taken care of like this one, but I will not dwell on that as I am not comparing the two countries. I went to the park with my hubby on a random Sunday afternoon. 



Upon arrival at the garden, we found it to be very child-friendly, serene and quite scenic as it was by the Emmarentia Dam. Also, the garden was quite huge,81 hectares to be precise, which made for more space for those having functions and picnics to be able to host there. Below are the images at the garden. 



So this is after winter and just before spring, hence why the trees and grass are not green. Can you imagine what it will look like in summer after the rains? Beautiful, I bet you.





This is the Emmarantia Dam I stated. So some of the activities to be done at the garden are; jogging, walking, canoeing, fishing and even feeding the ducks.


Entry is free but should you wish to host an event or have a photoshoot proper procedure should be followed. Lastly, it is open from 6am to 6pm. Do check it out.
Address: Olifants Road, Emmarentia


You May Also Like

0 comments